Celebrity Scots support bra auction for breast cancer charity
A collection of bras exclusively designed and signed by celebrity Scots and fashion brands are to be showcased and auctioned in Edinburgh.
The bras, signed by stars including Lorraine Kelly and the Bay City Rollers, will be sold at next month's Edinburgh Fashion Week.
They proceeds will go to cancer charity Walk The Walk, organisers of The MoonWalk Scotland.
Six bras are to be sold at a show on The Mound from 18:30 on 5 March.
The fashion show is being organised by Essential Edinburgh.
The six bras include:
- A Bay City Rollers bra that has been signed by the musicians and designed by Slanj Kilts
- A Lorraine Kelly bra been signed by the TV presenter and designed by fashion brand Barbour
- A Judy Murray bra designed and signed by the tennis coach and created by bra designer and MoonWalker Sara Mudhar
- A bra created by Mischke Lingerie, a brand that specialises in handcrafted lingerie and accessories
- A bra created by bespoke fashion designer Judy R Clark
- A bra created by the award-winning contemporary designer Hayley Scanlan.
A selection of the bras will be unveiled in the windows of Jenners in Edinburgh from Wednesday before being showcased by models at the fashion show.
They will then be auctioned live on the night by Forth One DJ Mark Martin.
Tennis coach Judy Murray said: "It's lovely to be able to support such a wonderful cause - and in such an unusual way.
"I've had a lot of fun designing this tennis-themed bra for auction at Edinburgh Fashion Week and hope that it will not only raise even more money for Walk the Walk and The MoonWalk, but also help increase awareness for breast cancer."
Roddy Smith, chief executive of Essential Edinburgh, said: "We are really excited to be hosting a fashion show this year to raise money for Walk the Walk and are extremely grateful to the Scottish celebrities, designers and sports personalities who have given their time to get involved."
Nina Barough, founder and chief executive of Walk the Walk, said: "It is a great honour that in the 20th year of Walking the Walk we are the charity partner of Edinburgh Fashion Week.
"Being the organisers of The MoonWalk in Scotland, we are incredibly proud of not only what we have achieved but the support we receive from different sectors of the Scottish communities."
Tickets to Edinburgh Fashion Week's fashion show cost £25.