Sheku Bayoh death: CCTV released of cars seen in area
Investigators looking into the death of a Fife man in police custody are trying to trace the drivers of nine cars seen in the area at the time of his arrest.
Father-of-two Sheku Bayoh, 31, was held following an incident in Hayfield Road, Kirkcaldy, on 3 May.
He died of suspected asphyxia after being detained by officers responding to reports he had brandished a knife and attacked cars in the area.
Relatives of Mr Bayoh claim police told them five versions of what happened.
No official cause of death has been confirmed and the investigation into the incident is continuing.
The Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (PIRC) is probing his death.
The independent commissioner has scoured CCTV footage taken from Hayfield Road and Hendry Road in Kirkcaldy on 3 May.
Investigators want to speak to drivers of nine vehicles which were seen in the area between 07:10 and 07:25, and who "might have information relevant to the ongoing investigation".
The images show:
- A larger white family-style saloon five door car turning right onto Hayfield Road, with a possible taxi plate at the back
- A small grey hatchback-style five door car turning right onto Hendry Road
- A small silver car turning right into Hayfield Road
- A larger black car, possibly a SUV-style vehicle, turning left into Hayfield Road
- A silver van, possibly with a taxi logo on the side, turning into Hendry Road
- A small dark car turning left onto Hayfield Road
- A grey/blue car turning left onto Hayfield Road
- A white 4x4 turning left into Hayfield Road
- A small black car turning left into Hayfield Road.