Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland

Chemical vapours cause salon fire in Edinburgh

Moi Pic: Google
Image caption The fire was caused by nail varnish remover vapours catching light on a candle

A beautician is being treated for shock after vapours from nail varnish remover caught fire from a candle in an Edinburgh shop.

An ambulance was called to treat the 46-year-old following the incident at Moi in Comiston Road.

Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue was called to the fire just after 13:00 and it was extinguished by 13:46.

The incident happened after the acetone was spilled and the vapours caught light.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites