Derelict building fire in Glasgow sparks 'horrendous bang'
A fire has torn through a derelict building in the east end of Glasgow, causing an explosion which was heard from miles away.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Duke Street at about 20:40 on Thursday.
Locals reported hearing a "horrendous bang" and posted images of thick black smoke appearing across the skyline.
About 30 firefighters have worked through the night tackling the blaze and six crews remain at the scene.
There were no reports of any injuries and locals have been urged to keep their windows shut.
Police have sealed off Duke Street where it meets Shettleston Road.
Local councillor Allan Casey said the fire broke out at a site that houses waste and expressed concern for people in the area.