Chemical scare at Halls of Scotland plant in Prestwick
A meat factory in South Ayrshire was evacuated after an ammonia leak.
Fire crews attended the incident at the Halls of Scotland food processing plant in Prestwick at 04:40 after staff had raised the alarm.
Firefighters in specialist atmospheric suits closed off a valve before returning to the building to identify and isolate a second leak.
After ventilation of the factory, employees were able to return shortly before noon. No-one was injured.
Incident commander Lawson Elliot said ammonia levels inside the building had remained high after the first valve was closed.
He said: "Our team re-entered the premises and they successfully traced and isolated a further leak, which led to ammonia levels decreasing."