Goverment award grants to upgrade 16 historic buildings
The Scottish government has given grants totalling more than £4M to repair 16 historic buildings.
Among the buildings to benefit are Riddle's Court in Edinburgh's Old Town, the Bandstand at Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow and the Pavilion in Rothesay.
Others include the derelict St Peter's Seminary in Cardross, which has been described as on of the world's architectural wonders.
The money is from the latest round of Historic Scotland's Building Grants.
The Rothesay Pavilion is often described as one of the finest and most significant surviving examples of 1930's Art Deco architecture in Scotland.
The building sits at the end of Rothesay's famous Victorian Esplanade, with views of Rothesay Bay, and across to the Cowal Peninsula, and the Renfrewshire and Ayrshire coasts.
It was built in the era of the "Big Band Sound", and was specifically designed to fulfil a wide range of functions - from dancing to conferences, variety shows to flower shows, weddings, meetings and a host of sports activities and exhibitions of all types.
Currently Argyll and Bute Council are working on a project with the Prince's regeneration trust to repair and restore the building.
The Bandstand at Kelvingrove Park will receive £245,000.
Built in 1924 and designed by James Millar, over the decades it has been a popular location for outdoor music until it fell into disrepair in the 90s.
It has been the venue for many musical events from military bands to concerts by the likes of Belle & Sebastian, Franz Ferdinand, and Eddi Reader,
Anne McChlery, director of the Glasgow building preservation trust, said she hoped the building would be transformed in time for the 2014 Commonwealth games : "In the current economic climate, funding for projects such as this is under pressure, so this timely award gives this project marvellous added momentum."
Riddle's Court at the Lawnmarket in Edinburgh, which forms parts of the city's world heritage site, will get a grant of £500,000.
The street comprises a series of buildings dating from 1590 and set around a small courtyard.
The money will be used as part of its regeneration into the Patrick Geddes Centre for Learning and Conservation.
The culture secretary, Fiona Hyslop said: "It will be an excellent example of heritage regeneration of one of the finest surviving Scottish residences, dating from the late 16th century.
"It will become a conservation hub providing a platform for sharing resources and best practice advice, as well as practical training on traditional building skills."
The recipients for the building repair grants are:
St Peter's Seminary, Cardross, Argyll £500,000
Grand Fountain, Paisley £100,132
Spiers Centre, Alloa, Clackmannanshire £435,000
Pheasantry, Haddo House, Aberdeenshire £28,169
Riddle's Court, Edinburgh £500,000
Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow £178,042
Rothesay Pavilion, Rothesay, Bute £500,000
Carnsalloch House, Dumfries and Galloway £364,000
Brig O' Doon, Alloway, Ayrshire £30,160
Corn Exchange, Dalkeith, Midlothian £83,864
Leighton Library, Dunblane, Stirlingshire £76,800
Inverness Town Steeple, Inverness £241,750
Haddington Town House, East Lothian £59,000
Brodie's Mill Innerleithen, Borders £500,000
Castle Leod, Highlands £219,618
Kelvingrove Bandstand, Glasgow £245,000