Conan Anderson: Man in court charged with manslaughter
A 27-year-old man has appeared in court charged with manslaughter in connection with the death of a man in the centre of Belfast.
Lawrence Dowie appeared at Belfast Magistrates' Court accused of unlawfully killing Conan Anderson.
The 22-year-old from Belfast's Short Strand area suffered head injuries at Arthur Lane in the early hours of Monday 6 February.
He was admitted to hospital later that day, but died nearly two weeks later.
The court was told that Mr Dowie presented himself to police at Musgrave police station in Belfast.
A detective sergeant told the court he could connect the accused with the charge.
The court heard a threat had been made against the accused on the 10 February which police are taking seriously.
"This is nothing at all to do with the deceased or anybody associated with him," a defence lawyer added.
"It came directly to him, it was delivered by police."
Mr Dowie was released on bail until 19 April.