'Border Fox' Dessie O'Hare granted bail as he fights extradition to Dublin
Former INLA man Dessie O'Hare, once known as the 'Border Fox', has been granted bail as he fights extradition proceedings to the Republic of Ireland.
He was arrested in County Armagh on Tuesday.
Mr O'Hare, 60, is wanted over alleged offences including grievous bodily harm, false imprisonment, threats to kill and violent disorder
The offences are alleged to have happened in Dublin on 9 June 2015.
A judge told Belfast Recorders' Court in that Mr O'Hare would be released on bail once a £20,000 cash surety is lodged.
He is also banned from leaving Northern Ireland and must report to police daily.
The alleged offences relate to an incident at Garters Lane in Saggart, south Dublin in June last year.
As the ex-republican has confirmed he does not consent to extradition, a full hearing is due to take place next month.
Lawyers for the Irish authorities opposed his release until then, claiming Mr O'Hare could flee.
They argued that he is being sought in connection with serious offences of violence and intimidation.
The court was also told that Mr O'Hare is accused of being the leader of a gang involved in a "terrifying" incident.
When Gardaí (Irish police) arrived, Mr O'Hare and five others allegedly escaped through a nearby golf club.
CCTV recordings and witness recognition evidence were said to form part of the case against him.
Although no further details of the alleged offences were disclosed, a lawyer for Mr O'Hare rejected claims they were serious enough to suspect he would go on the run.
The judge ruled that because Mr O'Hare's Irish passport is with the authorities, there were enough safeguards in place to grant bail.
She also told the court that Mr O'Hare is forbidden from leaving Northern Ireland without the court's consent.