Casement Park: Sport NI 'settles' bullying case
Sport NI has settled an industrial tribunal case brought by a safety expert who said he was bullied after raising concerns about plans for a new Casement Park stadium, reports say.
A hearing of Paul Scott's case against Sport NI had been scheduled for Monday.
However, it has been removed from the tribunal schedules.
The Belfast Telegraph reported that a financial settlement is being negotiated with Mr Scott's lawyers, which has yet to be formally signed.
The case is centred on the way Sport NI treated Mr Scott after he voiced concerns in front of Stormont's culture, arts and leisure committee in 2015.
Sport NI said it was unable to comment on the matter.
When he appeared before the committee in April 2015, Mr Scott claimed he had been bullied.
He said he was put under undue pressure to approve plans despite raising concerns over emergency exit arrangements at the proposed 38,000-seater stadium.
A report published last December rejected the bullying claims as "limited and largely general" and "not independently corroborated by witnesses, with the sole exception of a colleague in Sport NI".
DUP MLA William Humphrey, who was on the committee that heard evidence from Mr Scott, said the former safety adviser had been fully vindicated.
He said Mr Scott had performed a great service to the public by speaking out.
Plans to redevelop Casement Park have been beset with problems and delays.
In 2014, planning permission for the stadium was overturned. The GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) has said it is working on a new planning application for the stadium and hopes to start building next year.