Ciarán Maxwell: Full list of charges
On 3 February 2017 Ciarán Maxwell pleaded guilty to the following charges:
Between 1 January 2011 and 24 August 2016, with the intention of assisting another to commit acts of terrorism, engaged in conduct in preparation for giving effect to this intention, namely:
- Research resulting in the creation of a library of documents providing information of a kind likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism specifically information regarding the manufacture of explosive substances, the construction of explosive devices and tactics used by terrorist organisations.
- Purchasing or otherwise obtaining articles for a purpose connected with the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism. Specifically chemicals and components to be use in the manufacture of explosive substances, the construction of explosive devices; an image of an adapted PSNI pass card; items of PSNI uniform.
- Manufacturing explosive substances.
- Constructing explosive devices.
- Creating and maintaining hides in England and Northern Ireland to store explosive substances, explosive devices, components for explosive devices, ammunition, weapons, tools and resources used during the construction of explosive devices and assorted other items linked to the preparation of an act of terrorism.
Contrary to section 5 Terrorism Act 2006
On 24 August 2016 had in his possession a quantity of a controlled drug, namely cannabis, with intent to supply it to another.
Contrary to section 5(3) and (4) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
Between 1 November 2015 and 24 August 2016 had in his possession articles, namely images of bank cards and associated CVC numbers, for use in connection with fraud.
Contrary to section 6 Fraud Act 2006