Dungannon: Ernest Johnson dies in house fire
The man who died in an overnight house fire in Dungannon, County Tyrone, has been named locally as 52-year-old Ernest Johnson.
He died in the blaze in a terraced house at Eastvale Avenue in the early hours of Wednesday. The police are investigating the circumstances.
The victim's step-brother, Alan Graham, said the family was in shock.
"I can say today on behalf of the family that he will be deeply missed and it is a sad loss," Mr Graham said.
He described the victim as "a wonderful man who would help anybody".
The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) received a call from the police after 1:00 GMT.
The fire was already out when firefighters arrived.