No killer drug link to eight Northern Ireland deaths
No single killer drug was responsible for the deaths of eight people in Belfast and Coleraine over the last four weeks, police have said.
Investigations are continuing, but the PSNI said on Friday that they did not believe there was a link connecting all eight deaths.
In the last four weeks, three people have been arrested and questioned in connection with the deaths.
However, they are not being treated as murder.
Det Ch Supt Roy McComb said on Friday that the deaths were "eight individual tragedies".
Last year nearly 1,400 people were charged with drugs offences - an increase of almost 16% on the year before.
Police refuted suggestions that they were not doing enough to tackle drugs in Northern Ireland.
The eight deaths were, at one stage, thought to be linked to a green-coloured tablet with a crown or a castle logo.
The eight people were all aged in their 20s and 30s. Seven died in Belfast and one in the north west. It is understood five men who died were from east Belfast.