Funeral for Fermanagh man killed by carbon monoxide gas

  • Published
House on the Kesh Road
Image caption,
The house was reported to be filled with fumes

The funeral of a well-known Irvinestown man who died from carbon monoxide poisoning has been taking place.

Killian Scallon, who was in his 50s, was found dead at his home at Kesh Road, Irvinestown, on Wednesday.

His wife remains critically ill in hospital. The Health and Safety Executive is investigating the death.

Mr Scallon's aunt, the former Irish Eurovision winner, Dana, was due to sing at his funeral.

Mr Scallon's body was taken from his parents' home for Requiem Mass at Sacred Heart Church, Irvinestown.

Emergency services were alerted at about 1100 GMT on Wednesday.

The alarm was raised by Mr Scallon's sisters and a brother-in-law, who had gone to visit the couple on Wednesday morning after failing to get in contact with them.

Mrs Scallon, who is a teacher, was taken to the Erne Hospital but later transferred to the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.