An elderly man has been found dead following a house fire in Londonderry on Wednesday.
Neighbours said the pensioner, named locally as Brian O'Kane, lived alone at his home in the Westway area of Creggan.
Emergency services remained at the scene for several hours. It is not yet known how the fire started.
SDLP Councillor Jim Clifford, said the victim was a "very quiet man" and neighbours were shocked by his death.
"It's very sad, coming up to this time of year. I know the man has a family," Mr Clifford said.
Emergency services arrived at the scene after a neighbour noticed smoke coming from a house.