Center Parcs Longleat: Boy dies after becoming ill at resort
A boy has died after becoming ill at a Center Parcs resort.
He is reported to have collapsed by the side of a swimming pool at the holiday chain's "village" in Longleat, Wiltshire.
The boy's mother was heard "screaming" for her son to wake up amid desperate attempts to revive him, according to one eyewitness.
Emergency services were called to the park on Saturday afternoon but were unable to resuscitate the boy.
A spokesperson for Center Parcs said it was "deeply saddened by the tragic news" and its thoughts were with the family "at this extremely difficult time".
"Our team responded professionally and appropriately in very challenging circumstances," she said.
"They provided CPR, with the assistance of medically-trained members of the public, until paramedics arrived and screened the area from view while the boy was being treated."
The witness, who did not wish to be named, said a group of about 20 people were at the scene when the boy fell ill.
She said she saw a member of the public administering CPR before ambulance crews arrived.
South Western Ambulance Service (SWAS) said paramedics were called at about 15:40 BST and attended with two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance and an air ambulance.
Center Parcs Longleat Forest takes up a 400-acre site of the Longleat estate.
The park opened in 1994 and in 2017 opened its new Tropical Cyclone and Typhoon water rides.
A Health and Safety Executive spokeswoman said it would not be investigating the circumstances of the death.
Wiltshire Police said it did not attend the scene.