A memorial wall dedicated to servicemen and women from Sunderland killed since World War II has been unveiled.
There are 26 granite panels with 20 names inscribed on them, with a call for more names to be added each year from 2012.
The money to fund the wall came from the Brothers in Arms appeal which was started by five families and raised £150,000 across two years.
The wall will play a role in the remembrance parade on Sunday.
One of the families involved is that of Tom Cuthbertson, whose 19-year-old son Nathan was killed in Afghanistan in 2008.
He had been serving as a machine gunner and infantry assault engineer.
After his death, Mr Cuthbertson decided to contact other families in the area who had lost loved ones recently.
He said: "[The wall is] just a small sacrifice that we made on behalf of our sons who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
"So what we've done is nothing compared to our lads giving their lives, so it's a small token and we're so proud."
He said the generosity shown by businesses and others in Sunderland and the rest of the region had been "phenomenal".