Tees

Jacob Jenkins death: Parents thank air ambulance team

Jacob Jenkins Image copyright Hartlepool Mail
Image caption Jacob Jenkins was airlifted to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary

The parents of a Teesside toddler who choked to death on a grape have thanked an air ambulance team for enabling them to say goodbye to him.

Jacob Jenkins was airlifted to hospital after he stopped breathing at Pizza Hut in Hartlepool on 9 October.

The two-year-old was put into an induced coma but five days later his parents turned off his life support.

Abigail Wilson and David Jenkins presented a fundraising cheque to the Great North Air Ambulance.

David Jenkins said: "If it wasn't for the air ambulance we wouldn't have been able to spend the last five days with Jacob.

"Abigail and I are both so grateful and even though our little boy sadly didn't make it, we would not have been able to say goodbye without them."

The £1,100 was raised during a charity night at Hartlepool Working Men's Club.

Image copyright GNAA
Image caption The cheque was the proceeds of a charity night held in memory of the two-year old

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites