Exploding aerosol can causes Shoreham house fire

Fire in Church Green, Shoreham Image copyright Eddie Mitchell
Image caption The blaze is thought to have started in the kitchen of the house

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire involving an aerosol can which badly damaged the ground floor of a house in West Sussex.

The 19-year-old managed to escape the blaze at the two-storey property in Church Green, Shoreham, on Thursday evening with her partner and baby.

Four crews, including four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, tackled the fire.

They said the cause was an aerosol can near a tumble drier which had exploded

Image copyright Eddie Mitchell
Image caption Fire crews from both West and East Sussex Fire services tackled the blaze

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites