Hove neighbour rescues occupants of burning flat

Two people have been rescued from a fire in their flat in Sussex.

The alarm was raised at the basement property in Brunswick Place, Hove, at about 02:30 GMT after the blaze set off the automatic sprinkler system.

A neighbour led the occupants to safety before firefighters arrived. All three were taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue said the blaze broke out in the kitchen but the sprinkler system had doused the flames.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites