Sussex

Tree blocks reopened Southeastern rail line again

Southeastern passenger information
Image caption Bus rail replacement services are again in place between Hastings and Tunbridge Wells

Train services which resumed on a Kent and Sussex line after disruption following a derailment were halted again after a tree fell on the track.

The tree blocked the line between Robertsbridge and Hastings just after it was cleared on Thursday afternoon.

Southeastern again cancelled all services, with bus replacements laid on.

The line later reopened again but passengers were told to expect continued delays and alterations.

A replacement bus service remained in place between Hastings and Tunbridge Wells.

The line had been cleared just before 15:00 BST following the freight train derailment on Wednesday.

Network Rail handed the line back to Southeastern but the train operator said services would remain disrupted because crews and rolling stock were in the wrong place.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites