Man arrested after teenager attacked in Bexhill
A 20-year-old man has been arrested following an attack in East Sussex which left a 15-year-old boy in a critical condition.
The boy had been to a beach party on Friday before the attack in De La Warr Parade, Bexhill, just before midnight.
Sussex Police said the local man was arrested on Monday afternoon.
The teenager was on the seafront with three friends when he was punched. He is being treated at Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre at Haywards Heath.
Police are questioning the man on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Detectives believe the attacker was at the same beach party as the victim and his friends.
Det Insp Paul Phelps said it was a very serious incident which left the boy with a serious head injury.
An 18-year-old man from St Leonards was arrested following an unrelated attack on a 21-year-old local man in the Glyne Gap area of Bexhill beach in the early hours of Sunday.