Hundreds take part in fees protest in Brighton
Hundreds of people have been taking part in fresh protests against tuition fees in Brighton.
Sussex Police said about 600 protesters were involved in the marches through the city which started at 1430 GMT.
The force said the majority of the demonstrators were peaceful but a small group had thrown missiles from a multi-storey car park near Hove Town Hall.
Some protesters also tried to get into the building at about 1600 GMT, according to officers.
Later, a group of about 150 protesters was contained in the St Peter's Church area and one person was arrested.
Traffic was delayed in the area of the York Place church.
The "Stop the Cuts" protest in Brighton was part of a third day of student action planned across the UK.
Many students are angry about government plans to allow universities to charge tuition fees of up to £9,000 a year.
'Safety of everyone'
Supt Steve Whitton said: "It is disappointing that a small group of people are choosing not to work with police, who are here to ensure their safety and to minimise disruption to the local community.
"People need to think about what they're trying to achieve and the impact on the other people in our community, who are also struggling in these difficult times."
He said the organisers of the marches had been co-operative and informed police of their intentions.
On Tuesday police made a direct appeal to parents of schoolchildren who wanted to take part in the protests.
The force said children could become vulnerable and parents and carers should make sure they understood the consequences.
Five 15 and 16-year-olds were arrested in similar protests held last week.
A 41-year-old man was also held during Wednesday's protest, which involved an estimated 2,500 people. All those arrested were later bailed.