Coronavirus: Man admits assault on nurses
A man who spat in the face of two emergency nurses during the coronavirus lockdown has admitted assault.
Zeb Fitts, 25, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by police after being arrested for assault on Monday in Northumberland Avenue, Bury St Edmunds.
An injury to his hand was assessed by two nurses. He spat into the faces of the nurses.
At Ipswich Magistrates' Court, Fitts admitted two counts of assaulting an emergency worker.
He was remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday 29 April.
- A SIMPLE GUIDE: How do I protect myself?
- AVOIDING CONTACT: The rules on self-isolation and exercise
- LOOK-UP TOOL: Check cases in your area
- MAPS AND CHARTS: Visual guide to the outbreak
- VIDEO: The 20-second hand wash
- STRESS: How to look after your mental health