Election results: No party takes control in Stoke-on-Trent
Stoke-on-Trent City Council will remain under no overall control despite being targeted by the Labour party.
Labour launched its national campaign for the council elections in the city, which it lost to a Tory-City Independents coalition in 2015.
But earlier Labour MP Ruth Smeeth said it was "a really tough night" for the party because of deadlock over Brexit.
Labour, which lost five seats, has 16 councillors, the Tories have 15 and the City Independents 12 seats.
There is also one independent councillor.
In Staffordshire, the district and borough council results were:
- Tories retained control in South Staffordshire with a majority of 23
- Stafford was held by the Conservatives, although the party lost seven seats
- A 10-seat loss by the Conservatives means that Staffordshire Moorlands is now under no overall control
- In Lichfield, the Conservatives held, although saw their majority cut to 21
- Labour lost Cannock Chase to no overall control
- Tamworth Borough Council is still under Conservative control, after the party won all eight seats it was defending
- And the Conservatives retained control of East Staffordshire council, with a majority of 11 seats
In Stoke-on-Trent, the Tories gained eight seats.
Ms Smeeth, MP for Stoke North, said: "I'm devastated, I have lost some brilliant councillors."
She said constituents "do not trust us to deliver Brexit" and this had hit its support in the "industrial heartland".
"We've seen difficult results across the city. Nine years into a Tory government, this is not where the Labour party should be and there are questions to be asked now," she said.
Randy Conteh, a City Independent who kept his Penkhull and Stoke seat, earlier said he hoped the current coalition would continue.
"I will welcome that because I think we have done a sterling job over the last four years," he said.
Follow BBC West Midlands on Facebook, on Twitter, and sign up for local news updates direct to your phone.
Either search using your postcode or council name or click around the map to show local results.