Stoke & Staffordshire

'Carbon monoxide' alert at logistics firm Kuehne and Nagel

Draycott carbon monoxide Image copyright Derbyshire Air Ambulance
Image caption West Midlands Ambulance Service said it "quickly became apparent" a woman was suffering the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning

Six people at a logistics firm have been taken to hospital suffering from possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

A total of 33 people at the Kuehne and Nagel depot in Draycott-in-the-Clay, Staffordshire, were assessed by paramedics.

Two men and two women were taken to hospital in Burton-upon-Trent, and a man and a woman taken to Royal Derby Hospital. Their conditions are unknown.

The BBC has approached Kuehne and Nagel for a comment.

More on this and other stories from Stoke and Staffordshire

West Midlands Ambulance Service said the incident was initially sparked shortly before 13:00 GMT after a woman reported feeling ill and it "quickly became apparent" she was suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Ambulance officials added: "A number of other patients then began coming forward. Ambulance staff worked quickly to assess them all in order to establish the severity of their conditions."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites