A man has been jailed for 18 years for attempting to murder another man by deliberately driving into him, causing serious injuries, as part of a dispute.
Mohammed Aziz remains in a coma in hospital after being knocked down by Nadeem Akhtar as he walked home in Shobnall Street in Burton in 2015.
Akhtar, 37, was convicted at Stafford Crown Court in June.
Police said the incident stemmed from a long-standing row between the two families.
The dispute had previously involved numerous altercations, and erupted in disorder in the town.
The court had been told that as 50-year-old Mr Aziz walked along the street on 20 July last year, a silver Mondeo swerved across the road, mounted the pavement and hit him.
He suffered extensive head and facial injuries and has never regained consciousness.
The car was found the following day on a pub car park in Horninglow Street North, covered with a sheet with its registration plates and windscreen removed, police said.
Mohammed Zufeer, 27, who lived in the same street, was the insured driver of the vehicle and was seen by witnesses the same day dumping a black bin bag of washed clothes behind a takeaway.
The clothes were forensically tested and found to contain glass from the Mondeo and belong to Mr Akhtar, the spokesman said.
Zufeer was jailed on Thursday for four years for assisting an offender, following his conviction in June.
Ch Insp Steve Maskrey said: "Akthar escalated the dispute to carry out completely an unacceptable act of violence - leaving a man fighting for his life and devastating an entire family.
"There is no doubt that Nadeem Akhtar intended to kill Mr Aziz when he drove at him that night."