Stoke & Staffordshire

Fatal Tamworth fire caused by 'smoking materials'

A man has died in a flat fire caused by "carelessly discarded smoking materials", the fire service said.

Crews from Staffordshire Fire and Rescue were called to an address in Tamworth at 19:50 GMT on Wednesday.

They rescued a man from the first floor flat in Stonydelph and he was taken to hospital but later died.

The fire service said the cause of the blaze was believed to have been accidental.

More on this and other Stoke and Staffordshire stories

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites