Two rescued from house fire in Stoke-on-Trent


A man and a woman have been taken to hospital after being rescued from a house fire in Stoke-on-Trent.

Three fire engines were called to Railway Street, Tunstall, at about 2320 GMT on Tuesday.

Crews brought the fire in the lounge under control within half an hour. The cause was believed to be accidental.

The two people, who were suffering from smoke inhalation, were rescued from a first floor window. They were later discharged from hospital.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.