Stoke & Staffordshire

Fire at disused Newcastle-under-Lyme restaurant

A blaze at a disused restaurant in Staffordshire was started deliberately, the fire service has said.

Crews were called to the fire in the first floor and roof space of the site on Silverdale Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, at about 1435 BST on Tuesday.

The flames were under control within two hours.

About 30 firefighters from Newcastle, Hanley, Ashley and Kidsgrove were at the scene at the height of the blaze. Everybody was accounted for.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites