Toxic smoke fears over Doncaster tyre fire are allayed

image captionResidents were warned of toxic smoke coming from the burning tyres

Firefighters dealing with a large tyre fire gave the all clear hours after warning residents to close windows fearing toxic smoke from the flames

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue along with the Environment Agency and electricity engineers were at Farmstar premises at Marr near Doncaster.

The Church Lane site contains a large number of tyres. About 20 firefighters worked to put out the blaze.

Fire officers are investigating the cause of the incident.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.