Sheffield & South Yorkshire

Fire tackled at Attercliffe scrap metal site

A fire at a scrap metal site where gas cylinders were stored has been put out in South Yorkshire.

Fire crews were called to Woodburn Road, Attercliffe at about 0535 GMT.

The fire service said more than 12 cylinders of oxygen and propane were found at the site but did not explode. They were cooled to a safe temperature.

About 10 firefighters tackled the fire which was thought to have been caused by an electrical fault. The fire was put out by 0700 GMT.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites