Frome cinema closes after kitchen fire

  • Published

A cinema in Somerset has closed to the public after 70% of the building was damaged by smoke in a fire.

The fire service was called to Westway Cinema on Cork Street, Frome, after the fire started in the kitchen at about 21:00 BST on Friday.

The fire service said it was alerted after smoke filled the auditorium. A radio left on top of a cooker was found to be the cause of the blaze.

The cinema will stay closed until at least Monday.

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.