BBC News

Student suffers burns in Oxford Brookes halls kitchen fire

Published
image copyrightGoogle
image captionThe fire broke out in a shared kitchen of the university halls
A student has been taken to hospital with burns after a fire broke out in a kitchen at university halls in Oxford.
The fire, in a shared kitchen at Oxford Brookes student accommodation in Crescent Hall, broke out at about 18:30 BST on Tuesday.
The student suffered burns after trying to put out the fire caused by cooking which had been left unattended.
More than 72 students had to be moved out while fire crews put out the blaze and dealt with extensive smoke logging.

Related Topics

  • Oxford