Oxford

Kidlington Co-op store damaged by fire

Co-op fire in Kidlington
Image caption Shelves and the interior of the shop melted in the blaze

A fire at a Co-op store in Kidlington, Oxfordshire, melted shelves and damaged the building.

High Street was closed as fire crews battled to bring the blaze under control overnight.

It is not yet known what caused it, but it is not being treated as suspicious, a fire service spokesman said.

The store has been shut until further notice and fire officers will be reviewing CCTV to try to establish how and when it started.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites