Police will be out in force across Oxford later in a crackdown on knives following the stabbing of a teenager.
The boy, 16, was stabbed last Saturday in a brawl in Oxford High Street. A 25-year-old man has been charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
Officers said they feared retaliation attacks over the weekend.
Revellers will have to walk through a metal detector outside the Regal pub and door staff across the city will also be looking for knives.
About 20 people became involved in the fight last week.
The 16-year-old suffered stab wounds to his upper body and is recovering in hospital.
Det Insp Simon Morton said: "We are worried that there might be retaliation for the stabbing and this is being treated very seriously.
"We won't accept this kind of nonsense in Oxford.
"If you decide carry a knife, expect to be arrested.
"I would like to reassure the public that patrols will be stepped up in the city and surrounding areas."