Oxford

Men rescued from burning block of flats in Didcot

Two people were taken to hospital after fire broke out at a block of flats.

Crews were called to Exeter Court in Didcot after passers-by spotted smoke coming out of the first-floor windows.

Two men were rescued by firefighters and taken to hospital for treatment after breathing in smoke during the blaze, at about 1740 BST on Friday.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said the property where the fire started did not have a working smoke alarm.

The cause of the fire is believed to be cigarettes not being put out correctly.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites