Nottingham Forest fans angry after takeover fails
Nottingham Forest fans fear for the future of the football club after a proposed takeover deal collapsed.
The Championship club, which is in a relegation battle, was set to conclude a deal with a US-based consortium led by John Jay Moores, on Friday.
The current owner Fawaz Al Hasawi later announced negotiations had "come to an end", leaving the fans threatening boycotts and planning protests.
The Nottingham Forest Supporters' Trust have urged him to resurrect the deal.
Mr Al Hasawi, who took over at the City Ground in 2012 and claims to have invested over £100m, has seen his relationship with supporters break down amid accusations he is destroying the club.
In five years, the team has underachieved and attendances have dwindled, the club has been under a transfer embargo twice and faced several winding-up petitions.
The Kuwati national has also sacked seven managers, the latest being Philippe Montanier, on Saturday.
Supporters were also left angry at the £13m sale of talented teenager Oliver Burke, in August.
"It's really sad times for the club," said Richard Antcliff, the chair of the club's supporters trust.
"We thought the [takeover] deal was very close. It would have given us some very much needed leadership off it."
Mr Antcliff, who said contact with the club had been "patchy", added that Mr Al Hasawi has to explain his future plans.
"We're crying out for some communication around what the vision is.
"There's lots of angry fans and rightly so. We need to galvanise, put the pressure on Fawaz [Al Hasawi] in a respectful way to say 'give us some of these answers, your ideas'."
The BBC has attempted to speak with Mr Al Hasawi without success, but he said in a statement on Friday the takeover deal "was not in the interests of the long-term future of [Nottingham Forest]."