Second Nottingham 'tent village' given deadline
Rough sleepers who set up a second "tent village" in Nottingham have been served with an eviction notice to vacate the site.
The first encampment appeared in Station Street on Christmas Eve, but its occupants left earlier on Wednesday after a judge ordered their removal.
About 20 people arrived at the Cliff Road site on 2 January.
Nottingham City Council maintains most of the people are not homeless or from the city.
The occupants of the tents, who are being looked after by FightBack - a Nottingham-based group with links to Anonymous - now have until 08:00 GMT on Thursday to leave the site.
In a statement, the city council - which said there was no need to open up empty buildings as called for by people at the site - said it was pleased the tents had been removed from Station Street without the need for enforcement action.
"We hope the protesters will now also heed the notice served on them at Cliff Road and vacate the site so it can return to public use and the residents can be left in peace," a spokesman said.
One man calling himself Joe Public, who spoke in court on behalf of the Station Street occupants on 31 December, said: "I'm very disappointed because it shows the council are pushing these people from pillar to post without addressing the problem [of homelessness]."
He added: "The council need to stop trying to remove and hide these people from the public eye."