A 14-year-old girl who sparked a national alert after she went missing from home has been found safe and well.
Nottinghamshire Police activated a UK-wide child rescue alert after Charlotte Bainbridge went missing from Chilwell, near Nottingham on Tuesday.
A reported sighting of her near the M1 turned out to be of a different girl.
A force spokesman tweeted: "Charlotte Bainbridge now safe and well at home. Thanks to all who helped promote our appeal."
Ch Supt Mark Holland from Nottinghamshire Police said the alert was not issued "lightly", as at the time it was initially thought Charlotte could have travelled a significant distance away from home.
"The really good news is that she actually turned up at home at about 3.30 this morning... that's all we're after. We just need to make sure she's safe," he said.
Ch Supt Holland said the force and social workers would speak to the family to resolve any issues.
Child rescue alert is a UK-wide system run by the National Crime Agency and the charity Missing People, which uses email, text messages and websites including Twitter to try to secure the safe return of missing children.
The scheme launched last year with the backing of charities and Gerry and Kate McCann, the parents of three-year-old Madeleine McCann, who disappeared while on holiday in Portugal with her family, in 2007.