Operation Daybreak: Man charged with sex offences including rape
A man has been charged with several sex offences including raping a girl under 16 and indecently assaulting a girl under 14.
Ivor Bethell was charged following enquiries as part of Operation Daybreak, which was originally set up to investigate historical child abuse at Nottinghamshire children's homes.
However, the BBC understands his alleged offences are not related to abuse in children's homes.
All the offences relate to one victim.
The 61-year-old, of Barnhill Road, Wembley, was due to appear at Mansfield Magistrates' Court this morning.
Charges facing Bethell:
- Two counts of rape of a female aged under 16
- Two counts of indecent assault on a girl under 14
- One count of gross indecency with a girl under 14
- Two counts of inciting an act of gross indecency with a girl under 14
- Three counts of inciting a girl under 14 to commit an act of gross indecency
Operation Daybreak was set up to investigate allegations of abuse at former children's homes across the county between the 1960s and 2000.
In the course of police enquiries, a number of other offences not related to abuse in children's homes are being investigated.