Girls injured in stove explosion at park near Kettering
Two children have been airlifted to hospital after suffering serious burn injuries after a camping stove exploded at a family theme park.
The girls, aged 11 and 13, suffered burns when the stove and butane cylinder exploded on Saturday evening at Wicksteed Park, near Kettering.
They were taken by air ambulance to Birmingham Children's Hospital. They are in a serious but stable condition.
A woman was also treated for minor burns at the scene.
The fire service said an investigation had started into what happened.
A spokeswoman for Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance said its helicopter arrived at the scene shortly before 1900 BST.
The air ambulance had two doctors on board who were able to treat the girls before they were quickly taken to hospital.
"The girls had suffered burns to their face, neck, chest arms and legs," the spokeswoman said.