Liverpool

Eboney Cheshire, 13, died from MDMA toxicity

Eboney Cheshire Image copyright Family handout
Image caption Eboney Cheshire was described as "so funny, full of character and so popular"

A 13-year-old girl died from MDMA toxicity after falling ill at home, a post-mortem examination has confirmed.

Eboney Cheshire, from Rainhill in St Helens, died in hospital on 3 December.

Her death was previously being treated as "unexplained" after an earlier post-mortem examination proved inconclusive and further tests were needed.

Paying tribute to her "beautiful princess" shortly after her death, Eboney's mother Kerry Williams said she was "heartbroken".

She said her daughter had been "so funny, full of character and so popular".

Merseyside Police confirmed investigations are continuing into Eboney's death.

Image copyright Family handout
Image caption Kerry Williams (centre, with Eboney, right) said her family was "heartbroken"

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites