A fire at a stables that killed a man and 10 horses could have been caused by an electrical fault in a fridge, an inquest has heard.
The body of Andrew Coogan, 45, was found at the stables at Shorrocks Hill Country Club, in Lifeboat Road, Formby, at about 05:30 BST on 25 August.
An inquest at Southport Town Hall heard Mr Coogan, who lived at the site, died of smoke inhalation.
Coroner Christopher Sumner recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Firefighters said Mr Coogan's body was found in a caravan and the dead horses in a stable.
The stables were destroyed in the blaze, which took firefighters about an hour to get under control.
Coroner's officer Jeanette Lesbirel said an investigation by Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service found it was more than likely the fire was caused by an electrical fault with the fridge or its incoming electrical supply.