Liverpool

Man dies in bedroom flat fire in Southport

A man has died in a fire that broke out in the bedroom of a flat in Southport.

Two fire engines attended the scene on Gordon Street on Saturday afternoon.

The blaze, that had started "some time previously", was already out when fire crews arrived, Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service said.

A 45-year-old male was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. A joint investigation between the fire service and police has started.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites