Rochdale asbestos mill fire: Residents told to close windows
Residents were told to keep doors and windows closed after a fire broke out at a former asbestos mill in Rochdale.
About 30 firefighters spent the night dealing with a blaze at the derelict Turner and Newall mill after being called at about 23:10 GMT.
The fire on Rooley Moor Road has been contained, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said.
Rochdale station manager Andy Bracken said the threat of asbestos being airborne was "limited".
In February last year, about 50 firefighters tackled a huge fire at the old Turner and Newall site in Spodden Valley.