TSSA suspends planned Tube strikes on 5 and 7 February
One of the unions which was in dispute with London Underground (LU) in a row over staff numbers has suspended two planned strikes.
Members from the Transport Salaried Staffs' Association (TSSA) will not join walk outs on 5 and 7 February.
The RMT union announced the action on Friday after abandoning talks at the conciliation service Acas.
The TSSA said LU's proposals "pave the way for a resolution". It wants further talks with management.
General secretary Manuel Cortes said the offer included the creation of an additional 325 new posts which "goes some way towards restoring adequate safety on our Tube".
But the union's overtime ban will remain in place while TSSA representatives "seek further talks with LU".
Members of the RMT will walk out for 16 hours from 18:00 GMT on 5 February, and then hold a 15-hour strike from 10:00 on 7 February.
A 24-hour strike by the RMT and TSSA earlier this month over the same issues led to much of the Tube network being shut.
BBC London transport correspondent Tom Edwards said the TSSA was the smaller of the two unions so the strike would still have a large impact.
But he said the TSSA's announcement could lead to more talks between the RMT and LU.
A spokesperson for the RMT said "all planned action remains on" but union representatives will return for more talks at Acas on Tuesday.
General secretary Mick cash has accused LU of compromising safety on the Tube because of "cash-led cuts to staffing levels".
Steve Griffiths, LU's chief operating officer, said the proposal had been made "to both unions in order to end this dispute".
"We are available for further discussions this week to provide clarification on the implementation of these proposals," he said.
Transport for London (TfL) has previously said it would address the recommendations of a report which said job cuts had caused "significant issues" for Underground passengers.