Fabric ecstasy death: Clubber was 'naive drug user'
A clubber who died after taking ecstasy at Fabric in London took extra pills because he was "frustrated" at not feeling the effects, an inquest has heard.
Ryan Browne, 18, died in hospital after a night out with six friends at the Farringdon nightclub on 24 June.
Poplar Coroners' Court heard the "naive drug user" had tablets hidden in his socks and bought more in the venue.
Coroner Mary Hassall said his death was "recreational drug use gone wrong".
Fabric had its licence revoked in September following the deaths of Mr Browne and another clubber.
Ben Hole, who was with the 18-year-old, told the court they went to Fabric because it was "known as the club to go to in London if you wanted to take ecstasy, because of the music".
He said the group had been searched by security but they had not been told to remove their shoes.
Around 15 minutes after taking the first of the drugs, Mr Hole said the effects were "quite overwhelming" and he was sick in the toilet.
He told the inquest: "I went back to the dance floor, still feeling the effects and asking everyone 'are you feeling it? Are you feeling it?'
"Ryan began to become quite frustrated so he decided to take another one."
The court heard Mr Browne then began to look unwell.
A toxicology report found the level of MDMA in his blood was 2.48 microgrammes per millilitre - the upper recreational limit is 0.35mg per ml.
Luke Laws, the club's general manager, told the court three medics and dozens of security staff had been working that night.
He said the club had a zero tolerance for drug dealing in the venue and had been working with a drug awareness charity before it closed.
Ms Hassall said Mr Browne had only "taken ecstasy four or five times in his life".
"The drugs in his system were enough to kill somebody who was very habituated and he was very far from habituated," she said.
Islington Council revoked Fabric's licence after finding it had a "culture of drug use".
An appeal has been launched against the closure.