Northolt armed stand-off: Police actions to be reviewed
The actions police took during a three-day armed stand-off with a man thought to have stockpiled petrol in his home are to be reviewed.
Officers forced entry to the house in Wood End Lane, Northolt, on Sunday night after negotiations failed.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of explosives offences, cultivation of cannabis and affray.
About 80 people had to be evacuated from their homes for the duration of the siege.
The property was searched before neighbours were allowed to start returning, and police said officers were continuing to examine the property.
BBC London reporter Emilia Papadopoulos, who is at the scene, said residents were happy to be allowed home, with one man called Abdul saying he was relieved as he had left without his bank cards.
She added three of the arrested man's four Rottweilers had been confirmed safe, and that the final one had escaped during the raid but had turned up the following morning.
The Met's borough commander for Ealing, Ch Supt Paul Martin, said although overall he was satisfied with how the operation was conducted, the review would look at how officers responded to information they received and how they worked with others including the council and fire brigade.
"The key focus will be to make sure that we did everything to minimise the impact on the local community and to make sure that safety was paramount in our thinking," he said.