Crack drug warnings after two men die
Police have issued warnings after the death of two people thought to be linked to contaminated crack cocaine.
Police in Barnet, north London, said there had been two separate cases where men had taken the drug and died suddenly.
Officers said a 26-year-old died shortly after taking the drug on 20 January in the Edgware Road area.
Three days later a 48-year-old crack user died suddenly from a heart attack in Friern Barnet.
Toxicology tests are being carried out but police have issued the warning as a precaution.
Chief Supt Adrian Usher said: "We would ask drug users to be very careful and strongly advise anyone who has recently bought crack cocaine to dispose of it immediately and seek immediate medical attention if they become unwell."