Tube weekend closures to resume after Games
Weekend closures are to resume on London's Tube network after they were paused for nearly two months for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
From Saturday, engineering work will restart to replace old track and signals on the network.
London Underground said works had been reduced by 10% compared with last year and by 25% compared with two years ago.
There will be closures on the Northern, Jubilee, District, Circle and Bakerloo lines this weekend.
'Closures are frustrating'
There will also be closures on the London Overground network.
Transport for London said to minimise disruption it would ensure at least 80% of stations remained open this year.
It also said there would be no weekend Tube works in December so busy shopping weekends were unaffected.
London Underground managing director Mike Brown said: "I know that all closures are frustrating and we are making every effort to keep disruption to a minimum and to provide information and alternative travel options.
"To continue to deliver for London, we need to keep going with the programme of improvements that will provide the extra capacity to support the city's growing population and ensure that equipment is maintained and replaced before it wears out and causes failures and disruption."